Linked to: Gluten Free Wednesdays
Gluten Free Bread Pudding
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 45g
Saturated Fat 13g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrates 611g
Dietary Fiber 26g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Pkg. (8 ea.) Udi’s gluten free hot dog buns (cut in cubes)
- 8 ea. Slices Udi’s cinnamon raisin bread (cut in cubes)
- 1 cup (4 large) eggs
- 2 ¼ cups fat free milk
- 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried currants/raisins and or craisins
- Method: Spray a 9 x 9 inch ceramic or glass baking dish with pan spray and distribute the cubed bread, hot dog bun and currants in it. In a blender combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar and blend for 20 seconds. Pour the mixture over the bread, cover with plastic then place a second pan over the plastic with two cans of vegetables (just for weight) and refrigerate overnight.
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees; Remove the pan from the refrigerator and remove the cans, pan and plastic from the top. Cover loosely with foil then place in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until the center of the pudding is completely puffed (not sunken in the middle). Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least ½ hour before covering with plastic and refrigerate until chilled. Cut the chilled bread pudding in nine 3 x 3 squares and it can be quickly microwaved to enjoy warm or served chilled with or without whipped cream and fresh berries.
Goody Girl Red http://goodygirlred.com/