Linked to: Gluten-Free Wednesdays
Paper Plates & Napkins: MarthaCelebrations
Speed Scratch Recipe: Gluten Free Pretzels
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 3g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 package Bob’s Red Mill© Gluten Free Whole Grain Pizza Crust Mix
- Yeast package from mix
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1½ cups 90 degree water
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 3 Quarts Water (for boiling pretzels)
- 2 Tbs. baking soda
- ¼ cup course grain kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. butter
- Method: In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook pour in the water and mix with the yeast packet and honey. Allow the mixture to sit for three minutes. Turn the machine on low and add the eggs, vegetable oil and contents of pizza mix package. Continue to process until the dough forms a solid ball. Place the dough ball in a mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for twenty minutes.
- Bring 3 qt. of water and 2 Tbs. of baking soda in a pot to a slow boil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the dough ball into 12 even pieces and roll the pieces into 8 – 10 inch long “ropes” with your hands. If the dough begins to stick to your hands moisten them slightly with water and continue. Shape the “ropes” into knots by twisting them into three loops. Press the dough in the center to connect the junction. Place the pretzels in the boiling water and allow cooking for two minutes before removing with a skimmer, draining any excess water and placing on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake the pretzels for 23-25 minutes or until well browned. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to slightly cool.
- Melt butter in microwave. Brush the pretzels with butter, sprinkle with the salt and enjoy.
Goody Girl Red http://goodygirlred.com/